[arch-general] Updated scripts for removing duplicates from /var/cache/pacman/pkg

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:07:25 EST 2011

Just FYI - Scripts updated to:

(1) provide a -f | --force option to the fduparch.sh (wrapper) script to
ignore the md5sum directory check and force a scan of all package and
duplicate directories. (by default if dir md5sums are unchanged, duplicate
scanning is skipped)

(2) provide automatic clipping of long package names to terminal width with
ellipse (...) indicators added to show clipping occurred. (stopped the
kdeplasma-blah-blah... filenames from running off screen and wrapping)

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/arch/scripts/fduparch.sh
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/arch/scripts/fduppkg

usage info below if interested:

--