[arch-general] 2 recommendations needed for installing ArchLinux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 6 09:15:26 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org on behalf of Thanasis Georgiou
Sent: Tue 12/6/2011 14:20
[snip]
Arch is using a different repository for 32-bit software under 64-bit machines called 'multilib'. You only need to enable that and you will be fine.

---

Thank you :)

so there are no issues with e.g. the no-cost proprietary lightscribe apps using 64-bit Arch Linux?! I don't need 32-bit support especially for my DAW, since I'm not using Windows VSTs. OTOH I never was able to get the proprietary KORG nano KONTROL app run under wine. Tried this for 64-bit installs only.

Regards,

Ralf

PS: Reading the Internet recovering removed files from ext3 seems to be less problematic, than doing this from ext4. So I perhaps will install Arch to ext3 and join another list to restore my lost data.