[arch-general] 2 recommendations needed for installing ArchLinux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 6 09:47:33 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org on behalf of Nicolás Adamo
Sent: Tue 12/6/2011 15:24

Man, since ext4 was born, all I heard about it was good...
Regarding data integrity:
http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Ext4-data-loss-explanations-and-workarounds-740671.html

+++

Hi Nicolás :)

I still try to recover the data and I'll read all links. Thank you.

---

But my advice is to mount a RAID arrange. That would be bulletproof.

+++

RAID for a DAW means much devices = too much noise for a home studio.
I should have made backups to 2 devices and only one backup device should be mounted when working. If I rm files by a RAID, what would be different?

---

http://www.musix.org.ar/en/index.html

+++

I suspect that for my needs a distro would be useful, that allows me to configure my DAW for my needs and then has less tendencies to break things when installing upgrades.
Prebuilt DAWs don't fit to my needs. Well known major distros tend to become more worse than I heard about Windows tend to be. A harmless example, I don't like to be forced to use PulseAudio. Debian testing doesn't, but after a while they tried, so I needed to build dummy packages. There are much more worse things, but I won't spoil the list with this issues.

Cheers!

Ralf