[arch-general] 2 recommendations needed for installing ArchLinux

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Dec 6 10:46:33 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Ext3 instead of ext4 might improve something?!

It is true that ext3 has existed for longer than ext4. However, most
testing is now probably done on ext4, so I wouldn't expect ext4 to be
more buggy than ext3. The real difference is that ext4 allows you to
mount your partitions with optimizations that might cause more
dataloss on a powerfailure than what the standard ext3 options would.
I'd rather change the mount options for ext4 than move to ext3.

Cheers,

Tom