[arch-general] 2 recommendations needed for installing ArchLinux

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Dec 6 17:43:49 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org on behalf of Mauro Santos
Sent: Tue 12/6/2011 17:51

Give testdisk a try, it might not be able to
recover everything though, depending on what you've done to the fs after
you deleted the files.

+++

Thank you everybody for your replies.
Somebody asked what happened.

As root I wanted to run
rm -r /media/path/to/a/partition
I made 2 typos, one of the typos was a space behind /media
rm -r /media /path/to/a/partition

When I noticed the space I directly pushed Ctrl+C, but my SATA drives seem to be very fast.

After that accident I directly remounted the drives to read only, all recovery trials should be done read only too.

Anyway, now or tomorrow I'll install Arch and perhaps next week, I'll try to recover the data again.

Cheers!

Ralf