[arch-general] netcfg pppoe 'error sending pppoe packet: Network is down'

Cédric Girard girard.cedric at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:19:51 EST 2011

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> so the easiest way for me seems to install a DE with a GUI network manager.

I'm not sure network-manager is the way to go. When enabled it makes just
the configuration a nightmare because standard configuration file are
either ignored or replaced. When I'm on a machine with network-manager
trying to debug network problems, it is usually the first thing I disable.

However I have no better solution to offer as I've never setup pppoe
connections.

--
Cédric Girard