[arch-general] end of the war! Mate has come to archlinux...

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Dec 8 17:23:40 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org on behalf of Jeffrey Lynn Parke Jr.
Sent: Thu 12/8/2011 21:24

The war was over when people realized that Xfce wasn't so bad. I actually
prefer it to KDE. Even though it would be a hassle to change over.

+++

Xfce IMO is a good replacement. I guess that Xfce will become much faster better now and I also guess that the GNOME developers will reconsider their policy and that GNOME 2 will have a comeback. KDE3 had no comeback, but KDE4 doesn't suck as much as GNOME 3 does.

0.02€,

Ralf