[arch-general] Top level node not shown in Texinfo viewer

Ricardo Catalinas Jiménez jimenezrick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:56:30 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 08:20:01AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>On 09/12/11 07:53, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> I see the same thing as you, ie nothing when executing `info'.  Most
>> likely a bug.  Have you reported it already?

I didn't report in Arch nor upstream. I wanted to confirm the bug first.

> It shows the top level node here...

I did a fresh install with mkarchroot and I could reproduce the issue.

Here I uploaded my dir file and the strace output from info, where we
can see that /usr/share/info/dir is stated, opened, read and then
closed:

	http://r.untroubled.be/private/dir
	http://r.untroubled.be/private/info.trace

I compared the Ubuntu dir with the Arch dir and those files do not
present any relevant difference.

One silly question (I'm not an ABS expert), in the package sources I saw
defined in the file `texinfo.install':

	infodir=usr/share/info

Does it matter the relative path?, in contrast to something like this:

	infodir=/usr/share/info

Regards
--
Ricardo (http://r.untroubled.be/)