[arch-general] myhost login

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 9 00:50:22 EST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org on behalf of Koen Wilde
Sent: Fri 12/9/2011 02:13
To: Grant McDuling; General Discussion about Arch Linux
Subject: Re: [arch-general] myhost login

Hey Grant,

The username matching the password you configured during installation is
'root'. The 'my host' part of 'my host login' refers to the hostname of
the machine (configured in /etc/rc.conf).

cheers,
Koen

+++

More precise: 'root' on Linux always is the name of the admin. You still need to add a user, since it's not very smart to run some apps with root permissions.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Users_and_Groups

Dunno if a user is automatically add, if you install a desktop environment, since I'm lazy and just made the basic install.If not you should add a user manually.

- Ralf