[arch-general] end of the war! Mate has come to archlinux...

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Fri Dec 9 07:20:01 EST 2011

Am Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:54:30 +0100
schrieb "Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana" <dottorblaster at archlinux.us>:

> By the way, XFCE 4.10 will hopefully include some neat features from
> GNOME 2.3x aiming to be a successor and a safe choice for GNOME 2.x
> refugees. Just previsions :)

I hope this will not happen. I never liked Gnome for a lot of reasons,
and KDE4 and the fact that Xfce is so different from Gnome was the
reason for switching to Xfce. If Xfce will become a Gnome 2 fork then
there will be no good DE anymore.

If someone wants to keep Gnome2 he shall switch to Mate.

Heiko