[arch-general] end of the war! Mate has come to archlinux, xfce is the way in?

Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana dottorblaster at archlinux.us
Fri Dec 9 08:16:13 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <
lenzi.sergio at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be testing xfce this week on a fresh generated FreeBSD 9.0....

I don't like BSD, especially for modern environments. Linux has a more
modern architecture; I love the system, but i must admit that in 2011 it
isn't efficient anymore. (And BSD has troubles with drivers :( )

> Why FreeBSD??  because I can build it from ground zero (the OS, the
> shell, the xorg, and finally the xfce)

You can do the same for Arch. What do you mean by 'building from ground
zero'?

> My notebooks are just waiting for the experience, and my girl friend
> hope will not
> kill me (or dump me)  for that....

LOL :D

Salud,