[arch-general] Linking issue, glibc weirdness?

Philipp hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri Dec 9 14:25:51 EST 2011

Hi there,
I have linking issues with one of the programs I maintain in AUR and I
don't quite understand the issue. Here's the output:

g++ -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,--hash-style=gnu
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -o jmeters jmeters.o styles.o mainwin.o jclient.o
mkimage.o meterwin.o -lsndfile -lclxclient -lclthreads -ljack -lpng
-lXft -lX11 -lrt
/usr/bin/ld: jmeters.o: undefined reference to symbol
'pthread_mutex_trylock@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_mutex_trylock@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in
DSO /lib/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [jmeters] Error 1

The program is jmeters
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25711).

It depends on clthreads (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3627)
which handles the threading stuff.

I wonder where this problem comes from. Needles to say that it worked
fine in the past. Any ideas?

Regards,
Philipp