[arch-general] Linking issue, glibc weirdness?

Philipp Überbacher hollunder at lavabit.com
Fri Dec 9 17:55:18 EST 2011

Excerpts from Fons Adriaensen's message of 2011-12-09 23:29:39 +0100:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:23:53PM +0100, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
>
> > Can you try it using the PKGBUILD? (Download tarball, extract, cd to the
> > directory, type makepkg)
> > https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25711
>
> ==> Starting build()...
> /home/fons/build/jmeters/PKGBUILD: line 19: DSO.patch: No such file or directory
>
> DSO.patch is present, so either it's in the wrong place or it is
> looked for in the wrong place.
>
> The patch adds -lpthread, which (at least here) doesn't seem to
> be necessary (libclthreads will pull it in).
>
> Ciao,

Looked in the wrong place, fixed.
The problem is that it's necessary to specify -lpthread now and in
future. It will likely hit you too once the mirror you use syncs and
you update. Not sure which package is responsible, I guess glibc.

Seems like a number of your programs need patching.
Done so far:
jmeter, aeolous, ambdec
Those are all trivial patches, adding pthread or dl.

Regards,
Philipp