[arch-general] getaddrinfo

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Fri Dec 9 23:32:27 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 18:00, clemens fischer <
ino-news at spotteswoode.dnsalias.org> wrote:

> Myra Nelson wrote:
>
> > After some more searching, work, and this email from the libc help
> > list [ http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2011-12/msg00000.html
> > ] , I've attempted the code from Ulrich Dreppers page at
> > http://www.akkadia.org/drepper/userapi-ipv6.html . The newer version
> > of the code (on the right ) which is supposed to be protocol
> > independent returns getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for
> > ai_socktype, while the older version ( on the left ) seg faults.
>
> Also try another, more practical program (which works here):
>
> <url:
>
> http://linux-hacks.blogspot.com/2008/04/default-address-selection-part-1.html
> >

> (linked from <url:http://www.wtfm.org/ip6to4>)
>

> clemens
>
> Clemens:

Thank you very much. I already had the example you pointed out and was
having trouble with it also. However in working on it I discovered what was
wrong. As I suspected it was a configuration error in my network settings.
Once I set up both ipv6 addresses and ipv4 addresses both sets of code quit
choking.

Again, I appreciate you assistance very much.

Myra