[arch-general] /usr/bin/X: No such file

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 11 08:28:41 EST 2011

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org im Auftrag von Allan McRae
Gesendet: So 12/11/2011 11:51

> Have you installed xorg?
>
> > pacman -Qo /usr/bin/X
> /usr/bin/X is owned by xorg-server 1.11.2-2

Oops :D

thank you :), at least xorg.xinit already was installed, but the server
and driver were not installed. Now X and GDM are running. Using the
proprietary nvidia driver, regarding to X everything is ok now.

GDM still needs some tweak, since I can't log in as root and GNOME
already is listed, but currently only Xfce4 is installed.

It's not important that root doesn't work, I don't need it. I only
wanted to test it, but next thing I'll do is too add the user.

I'll have a meal first ;).

Ralf

PS: Hm? IIUC it already should work for root.

> cat /media/archlinux/etc/gdm/custom.conf
# GDM configuration storage

[daemon]

[security]
AllowRoot=true