[arch-general] urxvt colours and Xresources

gt codered12 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:24:22 EST 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:20:08AM -0500, nico wrote:
> Have you tried updating your machine? "$TERM too long - sorry" is a
> quite old bug, which has already been fixed for several months.

Hmm.. I was using screen-vs from aur. Just switched to screen from
extra and this bug is gone.

But, setting termName to rxvt-unicode-256color in .Xresources still
doesn't have any effect on non-screen terminals, i.e., no bold colours
still.

But, i also notice a strange behaviour. I suspect this might have
something to do with just vim. I just tried these colour scheme scripts
and they do show bold colours.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xdefaults#Color_scheme_scripts

Also, other applications such as cmus, mutt are also showing bold
colours in non screen terminals. Only vim seems to be having this
problem.

I am out of all ideas..