[arch-general] audio realtime, was: /usr/bin/X: No such file

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 11 12:54:22 EST 2011

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: arch-general-bounces at archlinux.org im Auftrag von Bernardo Barros
Gesendet: So 12/11/2011 18:44
An: General Discussion about Arch Linux
Betreff: Re: [arch-general] audio realtime, was: /usr/bin/X: No such file

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> grep audio /media/archlinux/etc/security/limits.conf
> @audio          -       rtprio          65
> @audio          -       nice           -10
> @audio          -       memlock         40000

A recent jack update sets those limits for you.

Do not set nice value. I'd recommend this:

  @audio          -       rtprio               99
  @audio          -       memlock         unlimited

If you're looking for linux 3.0.12-rt30 and you happen to have a
recent intel processor (icore):

  http://bbarros.com/archstudio/

+++

I never ever would set such values. This value with nice is the default on my Arch Linux install, NOT EDITED BY ME. The settings you recommend are the settings I already posted with this link http://jackaudio.org/linux_rt_config ;).

It's important for me to set up my machine myself, regarding to audio. If I e.g. would use a basic rtirq, my RME sound card would have a lower priority than my two Envy24 cards, that are used as additional MIDInterfaces.
Of cause http://bbarros.com/archstudio/ is interesting, but how do I keep dependencies if I e.g. compile my own kernel-rt, jack2, ardour3 with video timeline etc.?

- Ralf