[arch-general] Accented characters in X terminal?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Dec 14 07:48:04 EST 2011

I just noticed that I no longer get accented characters in my
terminals (I've tested lxterminal and gnome-terminal so far).  Instead
of the Swedish characters "åäö" I get "???".  Far from ideal.  This
used to work a while ago (we're talking days, possibly weeks).  As you
notice it works well in non-terminals (like in Chromium where I've
writing this).  Anyone else seeing the same behaviour?

A search turned up this answer-less forum post[1] , if there's an
answer then I'll re-post it there too :)

/M

[1]: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=131000

--
Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org