[arch-general] Top Posting Revisited

Alex Liu rnkn22 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 23:01:06 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Auguste Pop <auguste at gmail.com> wrote:
> i'm not sure how the script works. i went to the link you gave and hit
> the install button. i closed all chromium instances and opened the
> browser again. still, bottom posting is not automatic.

Might be a Chromium issue. I'm on Firefox v3.6.13 on Ubuntu here
(yeah, ancient, I know, but the computers at work are unfortunately
not as bleeding edge as my home machine) and it works. It should
generally just move the quoted part to the top of the message, strip
the signature (if there is any) and place the cursor below that. If
you use it with Gmail's "only quote selected parts of the message"
feature, it pretty much does a pre-setup for bottom posting for you.

I can try it at home tonight on Arch and Chromium and see if there's
any problems.