[arch-general] Top Posting Revisited

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 16 01:12:40 EST 2011

[2011-12-16 04:47:14 +0100] Ralf Mardorf:
> Do we really need rules and rules and rules?

We don't. But it's not just about you writing messages the way you want:
it's about other people being able to read them conveniently, especially
you expect them to consider the points you are making or questions you
are asking.

These guidelines:

should be common sense to everyone; when you email looks like garbage
and is hard to read, don't be surprised that it pisses people off.

> Since I'm uncertain how to handle incoming emails in the future I still use my providers M$ thingy.

And that is terrible: I have to spend time figuring out what parts of
your messages are new in the discussion... So don't be surprised if in
the near future I stop reading your messages altogether.

--
Gaetan