[arch-general] Top Posting Revisited

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 16 09:37:01 EST 2011

> On 12/16/2011 04:59, C Anthony Risinger wrote:
> > i mean, people don't act the same way with their own family vs.
> > the internet allows for obscene levels of
> > anonymity that simply *cannot* exist in traditional/direct
> > communication

We are humans so it's not bad if we misbehave, act like trolls etc..
Sometimes I have to misbehave, act like a troll etc., BUT I welcome that
on Linux mailing lists it's common to do this using the real name. Way
of behaving is not to fake an identity. The Internet anonymity is
grotesque, it's like talking to a chatbot like ELIZA (Weizenbaum is one
of my idols :). Did you note that most Linux users use their real
names :)?

This is more important for me than thinking about top and bottom posting
rules.

Cheers!

Ralf