[arch-general] [Bulk] Re: Top Posting Revisited

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 10:33:05 EST 2011

On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 15:10:30 +0200
Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:

,hee hee

silly

being

your

now

well

> Remember how others wrote that bottom posting forces us to contemplate on
> the quoted parts? I don't know if you did, but I don't understand what you
> are saying and, incidentally, you forgot to quote Alan's statement,
> without which Piyush's reply is obscure.

Personally I quote just the part I'm referring to and matters. Anyone
following the thread should be able to remember or switch to thread
view. It's also implied here.

>> That's rediculous everyone should be free to post and free to choose
>> what they send to a killfile. You could add a per user related killfile
>> mechanism to the mailing list. That way the sender doesn't know he gets
>> limited response for a reason and won't just use a different email, but
>> I feel less strongly and think it's not worth the effort?

I'll try to explain more succintly. If you ban someone they soon
realise and could use a different email. If that ban only affects the
person who imposes the ban and not the banned then they have no idea
and so it will be more free and effective if each user controls their
own kill file. The killfile could be client or mailing list server
based.

So, do you think the >> is in the right or wrong place (should it be
at the top)? I prefer it this way.