[arch-general] Extrange message regarding gnome-keyring

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Dec 17 12:44:06 EST 2011

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 02:28:54PM +0200, Hector Martinez-Seara wrote:
> Hi,
> for some time ( one week maybe) I see the following message regarding
> gnome-keyring.
>
> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
> /tmp/keyring-3TI6ND/pkcs11: No such file or directory
>
> This meassage can be seen for example in my .xsession-errors file or
> when opening winecfg among others.
>
> The issue is that indeed this file do not exist. I have the
> /tmp/keyring-3TI6ND/dir but is empty.
> I guess that this means that gnonome-keyring was not somehow
> initialized properly. I'm using gdm+xfce.
> I'm fully updated.
>
> I have seen the same behavior in my 3 archlinux machines.
>
> Any ideas whats going on? or I should fill a bug. I yes where in
> arch or upstream?

You don't mention whether you *want* to use gnome-keyring for
anything.  Do you?

I used to see this behaviour in SVN just after I replaced Gnome3 with
LXDE.  I solved it by removing all gnome-keyring packages that were
lingering on my system.  That solved my problems since I wasn't
interested in using gnome-keyring any more.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay