[arch-general] libgsf update

Myra Nelson myra.nelson at hughes.net
Sun Dec 18 03:31:10 EST 2011

What is the proper procedure for updating libgsf. Per the commit message
libgnome-gsf was dropped because upstream dropped it. When trying to update
the following error occurs.

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies) ::
libgsf-gnome: requires libgsf=1.14.21.

I realize I can complete the update by pacman -Suf or pacman -Rdd
libgsf-gnome then install the libgsf update but would think this would be
handled by an install file included with the package. I would prefer not to
bork my box so I thought I would ask first for a change.

Thanks for your assistance.

Myra