[arch-general] OT: clipped video output with multihead

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Dec 18 07:35:35 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-12-18 at 12:23 +0000, Mauro Santos wrote:
> Come again? VLC and mplayer have always been able to happily play
> everything I've thrown at them while many windows players crap
> themselves out because they either don't know how to handle the
> container, video or audio.

I don't have experiences with Microsoft and Apple. I don't have much
experiences with consumer equipment, regarding to audio and video,
unfortunately I do have some experiences :(.

By all means, I recommend to test Totem and VLC.

I'm interested in multimedia and I switched to Arch Linux for good
reasons.
I always recommend to use Linux only, even for pro audio, but this go
along with disadvantages :(. You might read
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2011-December/082389.html

There are solutions for audio, but for video I suspect unlikeable OS to
have advantages :(.

IMO it's brutal truth.

I really hope I'm mistaken and you are right.

Ralf