[arch-general] clipped video output with multihead

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Sun Dec 18 08:23:33 EST 2011

On 18/12/11 14:05, Ralf Madorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-12-18 at 14:56 +0200, Jesse Jaara wrote:
>> Did you try with differend backends? xv/gl/(vdpau)
>
> Again, I agree, backends for what ever! Interpretation of the codecs
> might be important too. Dunno, but I guess Jesse refers to some X
> related thingies. I experienced differences using those 'thingies'
> myself, but I don't have any knowledge.
>
> - Ralf

If you have no knowledge, then just don't respond. Jesse actually raises
a valid point, try another backend vdpau can cause some problems here
for me.

mplayer -vo xv  or mplayer -vo gl  . To test different backends ( also
see mplayer -vo help , for the different kinds of backends )

Else it might be an X bug, so be sure to report it or check the mailing
list/ bug tracker if there is any known bug.

--
Jelle van der Waa