[arch-general] clipped video output with multihead

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 09:15:27 EST 2011

On 18-12-2011 04:10, Sébastien le Preste de Vauban wrote:
> When I play a video with mplayer2 (also happens with tvtime)
>
> MPlayer2 2.0-379-ge3f5043 (C) 2000-2011 MPlayer Team
> 162 audio & 361 video codecs

Can you give mplayer (just mplayer, not mplayer2) a try? I've had
problems with mplayer2 before, not with video playback but with
subtitles. I'm not familiar with tvtime so I can't provide any comments
about it.

As for mplayer try using a different video out driver, use
'mplayer -vo driver video_file'

You can get a list of drivers with 'mplayer -vo help'. Some that may be
worth trying are: xv (most probably the one mplayer auto selects), x11,
sdl, gl, gl2, gl_nosw. Some of these might not have any form of
acceleration so they may be slow or cpu intensive but will do for
testing as you may be hitting some bug in the drivers.

Also try with vlc and check if the same happens, I think vlc will also
try to use xv and if the problem is the same it might help to determine
what the problem is.

--
Mauro Santos