[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [ANNOUNCE] filesystem-2011.12 manual intervention required

Keshav P R the.ridikulus.rat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 13:11:21 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 23:21, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:

> >> I'd prefer to ask people to rm /etc/mtab and -Su, rather than advertise
> >> -f (which has been removed in pacman-git, leaving only --force).

> quickly.

> > Gah.. and of course saying that, and then going and doing it -- the
> > missing mtab makes pacman choke on diskspace checking. --force might be
> > the easier option here...
>
> Yeah, I'll make this clear in the news item. --force is always,
> always, always wrong. Except for this one time, when it is the only
> solution ;-)
>
> -t

Sorry to interrupt guys but can't this be done in pre_upgrade function in
.INSTALL script of the package?

Quote: man PKGBUILD

 pre_install
           Run right before files are extracted. One argument is passed:
new package full version string.

pre_upgrade
           Run right before files are extracted. Two arguments are passed
in this order: new package full version string, old package full version
string.

Regards.

Keshav