[arch-general] Haskell Support Was: [arch-haskell] Xmonad version?

Ethan Schoonover es at ethanschoonover.com
Mon Dec 19 22:11:18 EST 2011

So is the current best practice for Haskell on Arch something like this:

0. Always prefer to source Haskell packages from official Arch repos
now that they are updated
1. Always add the [haskell] repo to pacman.conf
2. Always avoid AUR Haskell packages (they are mostly out of date)
3. Always avoid plain cabal, use cabal2arch instead
4. Only if a package isn't in official repos or [haskell], use
cabal2arch to create a package

I know that this may seem like oversimplification, but despite
following the various Haskell issues and lists closely I occasionally
come away confused about current recommendations, and I'm not sure
that the wiki is up to date on this issue.

Thanks for any guidance,
es

Ethan Schoonover
Github/Freenode: altercation - Solarized: http://ethanschoonover.com/solarized