[arch-general] Haskell Support Was: [arch-haskell] Xmonad version?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Dec 21 00:19:20 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:00:12AM +0100, Cédric Girard wrote:

> > > Hence the confusion around this issue. If Haskell AUR packages are
> > > indeed being deprecated then is [haskell] now more of a definitive
> > > source or is it *also* not well maintained?
> >
> > I'd say it's fairly well maintained.
>
> Well maybe my experience on this is not the latest. Last time I
> tried [haskell] was some months ago and I believe there was some
> changes in the arch-haskell team since.
>
> Anyway some of the old arch-haskell PKGBUILDs in the AUR have been
> adopted since the mass orphan and I think the situation will get
> better there as maintenance will be spread among more people.

I on the other hand suspect it won't get much better at all :-)  There
is a real risk that having several maintainers will result in packages
that, while they are up-to-date, don't play well together.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay