[arch-general] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 23 04:57:40 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 13:02 +0330, ali.mousavi at gmail.com wrote:
> you can't use gnome 3 without pulse audio. if you don't want to use pulse
> audio, consider using another DE or WM.

At the moment I'm using Xfce only, but I will have the libre to use
GNOME3 too, since it works without PA. It did work without PA for my
Debian.

As mentioned before, at the moment only GDM is installed.

Btw. for what tasks PA is needed? I don't know any task that's relevant
for a DAW. But having the libre to use every DE for a DAW should be
possible.

- Ralf