[arch-general] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Ralf Madorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 23 06:04:21 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 10:17 +0000, Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> However, if I understand correctly, you're interested in using ArchLinux for a
> Digital Audio Workstation?

Yes

> If you only need to use a couple of tools, you may
> find that you don't need a desktop environment, and could get away with a light
> window manager (e.g. OpenBox?) and login manager (SLiM?).

At least I need Xfce.

I was a KDE3 user (for some tasks I used Ion2). When KDE4 replaced KDE3
I switched to GNOME2 and when GNOME3 replaced GNOME2 I switched to Xfce.

I tested a lot of DEs/WMs.

For my DAW I'll use Xfce in the future, but I would like to test GNOME3
from time to time for the same DAW.

Thanks,

Ralf