[arch-general] Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

Peter Lewis plewis at aur.archlinux.org
Fri Dec 23 07:17:39 EST 2011

On Friday 23 Dec 2011 11:18:33 Paul Gideon Dann wrote:
> On Friday 23 Dec 2011 12:06:37 Kwpolska wrote:
> > Dear idiot,
> >
> > I'm kinda wondering why you aren't filtered from my mailbox yet.
> > [..]
> > I-M-P-O-S-S-I-B-L-E.  Period.
>
> Seriously?  It's comments like this that make me wonder if subscribing to
> this list is really worth it.  At least you did go on to provide some
> useful information, albeit in a "if I MUST stoop down to your level" kind
> of tone.
> > My suggestion is: (a) stop whining; or (b) learn how to code and cut
> > out all sound stuff out of gnome-settings-daemon.  No matter what you
> > choose, there is one more option, which is much better: GET OUTTA HERE
> > and use Debian if you like it so much.  Not right?  Then buy a Mac.
> > Or Windows if you want to.  PERIOD.
>
> Wow.  I'm truly mortified that the Linux world is associated with behaviour
> like yours.  What gives you the right to talk like that to *anyone*, let
> alone someone who came to us for help?

+1 from me.

Yes, you might be getting frustrated with someone's emails, so just ignore
them, filter them out, try to get them banned, whatever what you want. But I
don't think we shouldn't tolerate people talking like this to others in our
Arch-space. I've left at least one community due to abusive attitudes on
mailing lists.

Pete.