[arch-general] build help needed, Trinity kdebase - 2 issues on Arch

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Feb 4 19:34:00 EST 2011

On 02/04/2011 04:26 PM, Ray Rashif wrote:
> On 5 February 2011 04:10, David C. Rankin
> <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>  wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>>         After getting kdelibs done, I have run into a wall with the building kdebase:
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/trinity/kdebase/
>> (see bottom of page for admin and cmake links)
>>
>>         There are 2 issues I'm having on Arch:
>>
>> (1) If kde4/Qt4 is installed, cmake fails when it uses
>> /usr/include/QtCore/qfile.h instead of /opt/qt/include/qfile.h.
>
> I haven't read the whole message but for now a quick tip: could you
> run ccmake after cmake and check all the paths? Remember to toggle on
> advanced view in there.

     I'll give it a go. I'm completely new to solving cmake problems, so I need
to make friend with ccmake.

     Also, it was just suggested on the trinity list to try building in a
virtual machine or in a chroot to try and get around the potential for Qt4 uic
problems.

	I know virtualbox, but would it be easier to try to build in a chroot? I can
chroot my OS to get around kernel failures, etc.., but I have 'zero' experience
setting one up for building packages. Looking around, it looks like I can either
use chroot, schroot, or mkarchroot. But without any experience with them, I
don't know which path to go down first. So you have any guidance on the following:

(1) use vbox?

or

(2) use a chroot?

   -- if so, what's the best tool for a project like packaging Trinity? chroot,
schroot, mkarchroot?

   -- also, if a chroot is best, any favorite links for configuring it?

Thanks Ray!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC