[arch-general] Trinity Running on Arch Linux!

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:32:59 EST 2011

Guys,

  It works! After building kdebase (and fighting with other modules), I just
decided to start trinity and see if it would work. Changed ~/.xinitrc to
'startkde' and then typed 'startx' and:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/trinity/ss/trinity-first-run.jpg

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/trinity/ss/trinity-running_01.jpg

  (this is running in a clean virtualbox Arch install)

  There is still work to be done, because all modules have not yet been ported
to CMake, but for a proof of concept for the PKGBUILDs on Arch -- a complete
success. I'll bring the wiki up to date later today, but it already contains the
PKGBUILDs that will build Trinity into a working desktop with a single [very
'Quick & Dirty'] build script called 'bldtrin.sh' (for development purposes
only). For those interested. See the wiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trinity

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.