[arch-general] sanity check - pkgbuild writing svn rev as $pkgver for new packages - help?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:10:06 EST 2011

Guys,

  I'm working on a second set of pkgbuild for Trinity that do the svn download
for you and work like normal pkgbuilds for other svn projects.

  One issue I'm having is getting the "finished package name" to include the svn
revision as $pkgver instead of the initial (eg. pkgver=9999).

  The bottom line is if I update pkgver in build() it isn't used when the final
package is written. If I only update it between build() and package() then the
final package gets the correct svn rev as $pkgver, but all messages during build
are wrong.

  So I end up updating the pkgver in build() and then between build() and
package(). That doesn't seem right.

  The problem seems like a scope issue for pkgver. If set in build() pkgver
isn't seen globally in the PKGBUILD script, even though it is declared with
global scope and updated in build().

  Can somebody familiar with PKGBUILDs give the following a quick look to make
sure it is reasonable and I'm not biting my myself by the double call to update
pkgver?

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/trinity/arch/pkgbuild/svn/PKGBUILD-tqtinterface.svn

Thanks!

--