[arch-general] sanity check - pkgbuild writing svn rev as $pkgver for new packages - help?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:44:50 EST 2011

On 02/17/2011 06:31 PM, Jan Steffens wrote:
> makepkg includes some magic to adjust the $pkgver - however the
> variables have to be named _svntrunk and _svnmod. See man PKGBUILD,
> section DEVELOPMENT DIRECTIVES.

Thank you Jan,

  That is *exactly* what I was missing. I could have stared at:

_svn_trunk="svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/trinity/dependencies/tqtinterface"
_svn_module=tqtinterface

for hours and not picked up on the _svn_trunk/_svntrunk or _svn_module/_svnmod
distinction. Forrest for the trees issue :)

  I rename and retest to see if I can make the magic work...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.