[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] util-linux 2.19-3

Uli Armbruster uli.armbruster at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:41:18 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Ionuț Bîru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:

> On 02/22/2011 02:13 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>
>> Am 22.02.2011 12:35, schrieb Ionuț Bîru:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The util-linux-ng project has been renamed back to util-linux.
>>>

>> Why 2.19-3? Shouldn't it be -1?
>>

> because tpowa uploaded a broken -1 and i only fixed it.
>
> -1 had no versioned provider for util-linux-ng and an update wasn't
> possible, it had a missing .install. all of them fixed in -2.
>
> after that i noticed that ipc info file is not generate and the .install
> command was failing because of that. the ipc doc file was dropped by
> upstream. this was fixed in -3.
>

>>  partx(8):
>>>   - this command has been rewritten to use libblkid for partition tables
>>>     parsing. It supports aix, bsd, dos, gpt, mac, minix, sgi,
>>> solaris_x86, sun,
>>>     ultrix and unixware now.
>>>
>>>   - supports new command line option "--show" to list partitions in new
>>> format
>>>
>>>   - prints UUID and name for GPT and mac partitions
>>>

>> One highlight for me: partx should now work on loop devices (or other
>> devices that don't support drive geometry calls).
>>
>>  For a complete list of changes see docs/v2.19-ReleaseNotes
>>>
>>> Packaging differences between util-linux-ng 2.18:
>>> [...]
>>> * tpowa changes --enable-libmount-mount link mount(8) with libmount
>>> (EXPERIMENTAL)
>>>

>> Is that a good idea already? We will have to see.
>>
>>  That change was already committed by tpowa in 2.19-1 and i didn't touch
> it.
>

>  I also hope you removed all the patches we had in 2.18.
>>

> already removed by twopa in 2.19-1
>
> What have i done for this package is only to fix what tpowa committed.
>

> --
> Ionuț

I did get the following output when I updated.

Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
:: Retrieving packages from testing...
 util-linux-2.19-2-i686              1388.8K  987.1K/s 00:00:01
[-----------------------------------] 100%
checking package integrity...
(1/1) checking for file conflicts
(1/1) removing util-linux-ng
(1/1) installing util-linux
error: command failed to execute correctly
Optional dependencies for util-linux
    perl: for chkdupexe support