[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] util-linux 2.19-3

Smith Dhumbumroong zodmaner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 07:13:53 EST 2011

On 02/22/2011 08:41 PM, Uli Armbruster wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Ionuț Bîru<ibiru at archlinux.org>  wrote:

>>> Why 2.19-3? Shouldn't it be -1?
>>>
>> because tpowa uploaded a broken -1 and i only fixed it.
>>
>> -1 had no versioned provider for util-linux-ng and an update wasn't
>> possible, it had a missing .install. all of them fixed in -2.
>>
>> after that i noticed that ipc info file is not generate and the .install
>> command was failing because of that. the ipc doc file was dropped by
>> upstream. this was fixed in -3.
>>

>>>   partx(8):

>>> One highlight for me: partx should now work on loop devices (or other
>>> devices that don't support drive geometry calls).
>>>
>>>   For a complete list of changes see docs/v2.19-ReleaseNotes
>>>>
>>> Is that a good idea already? We will have to see.
>>>
>>>   That change was already committed by tpowa in 2.19-1 and i didn't touch
>> it.
>>

>>   I also hope you removed all the patches we had in 2.18.
>>>
>> already removed by twopa in 2.19-1
>>
>> What have i done for this package is only to fix what tpowa committed.
>>

>> --
>> Ionuț
>>
> I did get the following output when I updated.
>
> Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
> :: Retrieving packages from testing...
>   util-linux-2.19-2-i686              1388.8K  987.1K/s 00:00:01
> [-----------------------------------] 100%
> checking package integrity...
> (1/1) checking for file conflicts
> [-----------------------------------] 100%
> (1/1) removing util-linux-ng
>   [-----------------------------------] 100%
> (1/1) installing util-linux
> error: command failed to execute correctly
> Optional dependencies for util-linux
>      perl: for chkdupexe support
No sign off from me (x86_64).

After I upgrade to the latest util-linux package from testing (version
2.19-3), I can no longer unmount FUSE file system because FUSE file
system won't show up on /etc/mtab after you mount them.

Downgrade to util-linux-ng version 2.18-4 from Core fix the problem.

I've open bug report on this issue: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/23014