[arch-general] unable to install anything via yaourt

Heiko Baums lists at baums-on-web.de
Sat Jan 1 21:53:35 EST 2011

Am Sun, 2 Jan 2011 08:00:19 +0530
schrieb Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805 at gmail.com>:

> when i run the command xz in terminal it prints out the same error.

What I'm wondering is, that xz shall give the same error when executed
directly in terminal. This shouldn't happen, because xz and liblzma.so
belong to the same package, and I don't get this error.

There's, btw., no liblzma.so.0 in the package xz.

So first try to update your system (pacman -Syu) from another mirror as
Meyithi suggested.

If this doesn't solve the problem, try to reinstall xz and yaourt.
Don't forget to remove the old xz package from the pacman cache
(/var/cache/pacman/pkg) before, so that it's not just reinstalled but
downloaded from the mirror again.

Heiko