[arch-general] How to get colorized output during prog compilation? ( Colorgcc doesn't color gcc output )

Dan Vratil vratil at progdansoft.com
Sun Jan 2 14:10:39 EST 2011

On Sunday, January 02, 2011 19:15:32 Francesco Nwokeka wrote:
> On Sunday 02 January 2011 18:57:02 Lukas Fleischer wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 06:36:40PM +0100, János Illés wrote:
> > > Obviously.
> > > You have to modify the Makefile.
> >
> > You can also use symlinks. By default, colorgcc creates symlinks in
> > "/bin" without informing the user (created a bug ticket [1] concerning
> > this issue btw as I don't like that way of automatically creating
> > wrapper symlinks somewhere). You can either change that or try to fix
> > your "$PATH".
> >
> > [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/22279
>
> Just solved my issue. I created symlinks in my "/usr/local/bin" folder.
> Forum post is here in case anyone needs it:
> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=867368
>
> Thanks guys

Maybe it's just nonsense, but have you tried setting CC variable before runing
the compilation?

Something like

export CC=/usr/bin/colorgcc

Make should than use the colorgcc instead of gcc.

Dan

--
---
Dan Vrátil
vratil at progdansoft.com
Tel.: +420732326870
Jabber: progdan at jabber.cz

Tento email neobsahuje žádné viry, protože odesílatel nepoužívá
Windows. / This email does not contain any viruses because the sender does not
use  Windows.