[arch-general] kernel 2.6.37 BKL

Thorsten Töpper atsutane at freethoughts.de
Wed Jan 5 19:45:43 EST 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 18:28:42 -0600 Yaro Kasear <yaro at marupa.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 05, 2011 05:51:02 pm Matthew Monaco wrote:
> > Devs,
> >
> > Any plans about the BKL setting in .37? I've been running the rc's
> > without it for a while now.
>
> What is BKL?

The Big Kernel Lock, search the Web there are plenty of explanations.

A short description is, that it is from the beginning of the
Multiprocessor support by Linux which prevents conflicts created by
doing some stuff at the central Kernel structures at the same time.

--
Jabber: atsutane at freethoughts.de Blog: http://atsutane.freethoughts.de/
Key: 295AFBF4     FP: 39F8 80E5 0E49 A4D1 1341 E8F9 39E4 F17F 295A FBF4