[arch-general] (now 4.5.5-1) Re: kde-4.5.4 loads kde3 kicker and background (even with ~/.kde & ~/.kde4 removed)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:53:44 EST 2011

On 01/08/2011 02:16 PM, Martín Cigorraga wrote:

> Hello David, I  updated yesterday to latest and greatest 4.5.5-1 and
> everything is working fine here =)
> Best wishes for this new year!

Thanks Martin,

	It is looking like an Arch packaging issue or a config issue for my i686 boxes
(I don't have a clue what though). I installed 4.5.5-1 last night on 6 Arch
boxes and I get the same behavior on one i686 box, another i686 box freezes at
the end of ksplash (both Dell boxes), but all x86_64 boxes load fine no extra
kicker.

	Anybody know where I would look for the hook or default config that may be
~/.kde4 before launching 4.5.5-1.

Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.