[arch-general] Motion

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 08:35:14 EST 2011

I'm trying to setup motion
http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome
at the moment since I didn't find anything interesting natively on OSX I
was trying to configure inside the virtual machine.
(this is the kernel Linux test 2.6.36-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 24
00:39:57 CET 2010 x86_64)

With vmware fusion I can easily assign the isight camera to the virtual
machine and in fact it works...

The problem is that for example I think the rc.d script doesn't work,
because when I do
/etc/rc.d/motion stop
it doesn't kill it, and it stays there until I do killall -9 motion.

I also wanted to understand how to record audio also and merge it to the
video generated but still no luck, if anyone did I would be grateful...