[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] TeXLive packages

Kazuo Teramoto kaz.rag at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 22:00:38 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:

> These install scripts are giving headaches: I'll change it to simply
> replace updmap.cfg by the concatenation of
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap-hdr.cfg,
> /var/lib/texmf/arch/installedpkgs/texlive-*.maps and
> /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap-local.cfg as recommended upstream.

Thanks for the update!

But I'm doing something wrong...

I put the custom Map entries in the /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap-local.cfg
and run texhash (my custom map files are at
/usr/local/share/texmf/.../)

But running updmap-sys dont include the Map entries from
updmap-local.cfg only from updmap.cfg

In the header of updmap.cfg we have:
======
# 2) add your local map entries to the file
#       TEXMFLOCAL/web2c/updmap-local.cfg
#    and then call
#       tlmgr generate updmap
#    which will concatenate updmap-local.cfg to the end of the final
#    updmap.cfg.  (You can override the local.cfg file location with the
#    --localcfg option; see tlmgr --help.)
======

I tried to put the file at TEXMFLOCAL/web2c/updmap-local.cfg but it
dont work, and the tlmgr is not included in the arch distro (iirc all
thing that tlmgr do are implemented or not needed by the packaging for
Arch).

For now I'm manually concatening the -local.cfg to the updmap.cfg. But
I like to know if a more correctly way exist.

If not, I think that changing the update msg so its says that a
manually concatening of the -local files are needed can be useful.

Thanks,
Kazuo.

--
“The journey is more important than the destination—that’s part of
life, if you only live for getting to the end, you’re almost always

Donald E. Knuth