[arch-general] Package coordination with archlinuxfr repo?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:22:25 EST 2011

Guys,

  How are packages coordinated between core, extra, community and archlinuxfr? I
ask because there seems to be a lag in some of the package on archlinuxfr. I
understand that archlinuxfr isn't "official", but there still needs to be some
coordination when major updates like gcc take place. Of interest specifically:

:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: gcc-gcj: local (4.5.2-1) is newer than archlinuxfr (4.5.1-1)
warning: pdftk: local (1.44-2) is newer than archlinuxfr (1.41-5)

  Once Arch bumped to gcc 4.5.2, gcc-gcj and pdftk had to be uninstalled and
rebuilt from AUR. That's fine, but it just seems strange that archlinuxfr still
has packages dependent on gcc 4.5.1. I know the gcc-gcj and pdftk PKGBUILDS are
updated for 4.5.2 -- I did it. Do we need to send an email to the maintainer?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC