[arch-general] xdg autostart files.

Frédéric Perrin frederic.perrin at resel.fr
Fri Jan 14 19:34:35 EST 2011

Hello,

Le jeudi 13 à 22:58, Peter Lewis a écrit :
> I don't know much about XDG, but I was trying to figure out why every time I
> started up a desktop session (KDE) wicd-tray was being loaded, when I didn't
> want it to be. I couldn't find any reference to it in any of the KDE autostart
> directories.
>
> Then I noticed that it has a .desktop file in /etc/xdg/autostart, which is
> owned by wicd. I guess that I can delete the file, but that's a bit messy and
> it'll just get replaced when wicd gets upgraded anyway.

GNOME has a thingy for stopping such applications to start with the
user's session. It seems to mainly copy the .desktop file to
~/.config/autostart and add a line with X-GNOME-Autostart-enabled=false.
Surely KDE has a similar feature (both a dialog box for choosing which
applications to start, and a custom property to overrid the autostart).

HTH,
--
Frédéric Perrin
http://tar-jx.bz