[arch-general] umask gnome

Béla Vizer bela.vizer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 15:11:15 EST 2011

Dear Everyone,

I would like to have a system-wide umask settings. If I create eg a
directory with mkdir everything is fine, however if I create a directory
using Nautilus or even Midnight Commander using Gnome Terminal the file
permission settings are different from my .bashrc definition

I put .bashrc and /etc/profiles the follwoing line:
umask 077
I tried to put it to  /etc/gdm/Xsession, I created .gnomerc but nothing.
Is it even possible to set a system-wide umask settings?