[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Upstart

Tony crt.011 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:58:31 EST 2011

On 01/18/2011 11:50 PM, Madhur Ahuja wrote:
> Ubuntu and Fedora has already embraced it.
>
> Any ideas when will Arch switch to upstart based booting system ?
>
> http://upstart.ubuntu.com/
>
> Thanks,
> Madhur
Sysvinit does it's job just fine. I see no real reason to switch to
upstart when we already have Sysvinit. But as others have mentioned, you
may try Systemd. Also, just because other distributions embrace upstart,
it does not mean Arch needs to follow in the same path. Arch should
continue as it has been without following and/or trying to be like
*other* distributions. :-)

--
Tony C