[arch-general] When will Arch switch to Upstart

Culley Smith culley.smith at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 16:30:07 EST 2011

I appreciate the links provided here.  I had found a few items on line as
well.

All I have read about upstart really just related to faster boot times,
which isn't that big of a sell-point for me.  I'm not saying I'm not opposed
to faster boot times, that would just be silly. I was just pointing out that
if that was all it offers, that alone wouldn't convince me to switch to
upstart.

However, it sounds like there is more to upstart and systemd than just
faster boot times.

So, thanks again for the info,
Culley